Use this chapter to post journal entries made in the General Ledger or created by Receivables, Payables, Inventory, etc. Posting is the process of transferring or recording amounts to a ledger.
- From the Main Menu, select Ledger -> Journal Entries -> Post Journals Now.
- Your screen should look similar to this:
- Complete the information in the following categories:
- Year/Month Post Into: Enter the year and the month that you wish to post the journal entries INTO.
- Begin Period/End Period: Enter the beginning and ending date range for this period. NOTE: The program will look at the Entry Date field of each Journal Entry to determine if it falls within this range. BE SURE to match your Year/Month to post with the beginning and ending date range. You can either enter the date manually or click the Calendar button to bring up a calendar.
- Post From: Select the journals you would like to Post From using the check box list on the right.
- To Post the Journals for this period, click the Post Now button.