If you are a wholesaler selling to distributors, using the territory-based commission setups (salesmen assigned territories and distributors sending you files about where the items they purchased from you were sold), then this is both a report of those commissions and a means of writing checks for those commissions.
- From the Main Menu, select Reports -> Payables -> Commission Checks.
- Your screen should look similar to this:
- Enter data in the following categories:
- Sales Person: Select ALL or a specific salesperson from the drop-down list
- Begin and End Date:Enter the date range for the sales that were made.
- Checking Account: Select which checking account to use.
- To view the report, click the Next button. Your screen should look similar to this:
Each salesperson can have a list of orders with commissions that they have earned. The total commission due from all on the list is shown next to the salesperson's name. If there is a checkbox next to the salesperson's name, they have not yet been paid. To pay them you will check the box next to their name. If there is an amount in the PAID column indicating that this has already been paid, hovering over the amount will show you the check number and date the check was written.
- Endorser: Name that will print below the signature line on the check.
- Check Number: Defaults to the next check number for the account selected, but can be changed.
- Check Date: Defaults to the current date, but can be changed.
- To write the checks, click on the Pay Commissions button.
- Clicking on the check number will bring up a .pdf copy of the check which can be printed.
- To return to the main report screen, click on the Back button.